- Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 March 2020 18:53
Due to the effects of the coronavirus, many organizations have been forced to alter their operations. Contracted vendor Waste Management is committed to removing residential trash and recyclables in accordance with the established schedule. However, in order to reduce the risk of employee infection, the company is temporarily suspending the collection of loose items. Until further notice, please adhere to the following
- Place all refuse in a sealed bag. If you have a trash container, please use it to the greatest extent possible.
- Bulk waste will not be collected. This category includes items such as furnishings, appliances, and rolled carpets. Please contact the Public Works Department regarding possible disposal options.
- Yard waste will not be collected. Please contact the Public Works Department regarding possible disposal options.
- Ensure that all recyclables fit within the confines of a designated bin.
- Oversized recyclables will not be collected if placed separately next to your container. Cardboard and other packaging material must be broken down so as to fit within your bin.
Waste Management is implementing these restrictions in communities nationwide, and it is anticipated that they will be in place through at least the end of April.